A go-to salad for me that is super easy to make and tastes delicious:
the mandarin and apple fusion salad
Ingredients (all organic, of course):
- Red kale
- Green kale
- 5 mandarin pieces
- 6 thin red-apple slices
- 5 walnuts
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons of flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin seeds
- 3 almonds
- 1 dollop of beetroot hummus *recipe on blog*
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- A dash of Italian herbs
- A dash of Arabic zaatar (or oregano in English)
Mix together the ingredients and dressing. DEVOUR.
In the picture, I have lentils & turmeric crackers to go along with the salad and hummus.
*RW Garcia 3 seed Lentil with Turmeric crackers – organic and vegan
I also have a glass of water with chia seeds (soaked for at least 45 minutes) and a lemon slice.