Who says salads have to be boring?
One of my favorite recipes, what I call the: pineapple, strawberry and grapefruit power salad, is absolutely divine AND healthy.
Ingredients (all organic, of course):
- Red kale
- Green kale
- 3 strawberries
- 2 small pineapple slices
- 2 pieces of grapefruit
- 4 walnuts
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons of flax seeds
- 1 dollop of beetroot hummus *recipe on blog*
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- A dash of Italian herbs
- A dash of Arabic zaatar (or oregano in English)
Mix together ingredients & dressing together, and boom: healthy, flavorful & de-li-ci-ous.
In the picture above, I added sweet potato crackers and lentils & turmeric crackers to my salad.
*RW Garcia 3 seed Lentil with Turmeric crackers (my absolute FAVORITE) – and, they’re organic and vegan
* RW Garcia 3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers (organic, vegan and delicious)